Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Hate Peaches

No, not the singer.  The song.  "Peaches."  That awful, suicide inducing ditty from the insipid The Presidents of the United States of America.  I hate it so much that if I ever meet these guys, I will fight them ... and I will win.

Granted, I like some stupid songs.  Anything from Diesel Rhino comes to mind.  None, however, are as awful and stupid (not to mention boring) as "Peaches."  None.  Not a single one.  How this song ever became popular is a mystery to me.  I imagine it has something to do with our failing school systems, but I can't prove it.

Co-workers and friends know of my hatred, and they use the song to rile me up and then are taken aback by how angry I get when I talk about it.  It amuses them ... to a point.

I could go on and on about why I hate this song, artists' responsibilities and so on, but I won't bore you.  What I will state, however, is that if anyone knows how to personally get in touch with the band (not through a web site), let me know.  I want to ask the lads why they would write such a lame song, and then challenge them to a throw down.  Last man standing.

When I'm done with them, they'll still be able to eat peaches ... through a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment