Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ugly Children

I am not a fan of country music ... especially not the current crop of country crooners who are about as country as high rise buildings and sushi.  I am a fan of Voodoo Rhythm, however, and if the label puts out a band, I'm listening to it.  Hell, if Reverend Beat-Man thinks a band has merit, it's worth investigating.

Enter The Watzloves.  I was a hard sell on this band, but its cover of the country classic "You're the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly" made me really take notice.  I've heard the song before.  I think I was actually one a trip with my grandparents when I heard the original.  I didn't like it then, and I'm not sure I'd like it now, but The Watzlove version is on my PSP's memory stick and it's not going anywhere soon.

The Watzloves is not exactly your average band.  It's a Cajun, swamp blues monster that would be just as at home in the city as it would on some back porch in Louisana.  It is, however, exactly what you'd expect to find on Voodoo.

Enjoy the show.           

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are very interesting. I really like them. I hope you can upload more and more.The articles bring many tips and lessons which are very useful. It's worth spending time reading them.
    https://autoketing.com/
    currency converter app download
    currency converter box free online

    ReplyDelete