Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mouthful of Hate 2

Okay, after a comment here and the glorious Nikki mentioning that she heard the Cohen/Eminem
incident was also staged, I decided to look into it a bit more. As of the writing on it this morning, I had only heard speculation, but WENN is reporting that MTV admitted it was staged. Well, shit, that sucks.

I've lost a bit of respect for Cohen, who could've pulled this off (and should have) without it being staged. Perhaps he was scared that Slim Shady would put a cap in his bare ass. I don't know. What I do know is that staging it takes away all its power and message. In that sense, Eminem comes across as a trooper, and Cohen and MTV look weak (MTV has had no relevancy for decades, so no loss there). Cohen understands pranks, so I don't get why he would do this ... unless he was scared ... or felt that Eminem deserved some sort of respect that hasn't been given to the "civilians" he's pranked.

I'm disappointed. What could have been a great prank has now been ruined. Apparently the only one with any balls was Eminem ... and I'm not just talking about the ones in his face.

1 comment:

  1. There is an article on Peoplem Magazine's website where they admit it was a hoax.

    ReplyDelete