Friday, June 12, 2009

A Side Of Hell

I started my trip today by turning on our local classic rock station, KXGO, and experienced "Paint it Black" by none other than the Rolling Stones. Every single one of you should be familiar with the song.

I don't want to say that song is an omen, but it does sum up how I've been feeling lately. I can't put my finger on why, but that song just fits the mood.

I've never been the biggest Rolling Stones fan, but I won't turn off the radio when one of the band's songs come on. I don't think the band is overrated like The Beatles or Led Zeppelin, but I also feel like the later stuff is a bit played out. "Paint it Black," however, is classic.

If memory serves correctly, The Avengers have done a cover of the song, and it was used as the opening number for China Beach. Again, I could be wrong, but it seems appropriate.

Am I still in that mood? Yeah. Kind of. Lack of money does that. But I can thank the Rolling Stones for letting me know I'm not alone in my desire to color it a darker shade. For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment