Saturday, March 19, 2011

Letters from GG Allin 7

Here's a long letter from rock 'n' roll terrorist GG Allin, which came on stationary reading, "GG Allin From His Cell At Jackson State Prison."  At the bottom of the page it read, "Murder Junkies The World's Most Out-Ragious R&R Band."  I have edited out the name of the 'zine Allin tells me to send my 'zine to simply because I did send it, and they ripped off some of my interview without giving me credit.  (In the 'zine's defense, it also published a piece of mine, but not giving me credit kind of pissed me off.)  Enjoy the letter.


Doug,

Send a copy of the 'zine to [not worth mentioning].  It's a very well distr. mag. that reviews 'zines etc...

Also-- I am not sending you the address to performance just yet.  It is much to soon to approach them on this project.  You should not approach them until the project is almost finished.  Because they will want some proof of your seriousness.  The time must be right.  They are also in the process of releasing 2 CD's of mine in the next couple of months .. so the best time to get with them would be summer or fall.. It will more than likely take that much time to compile all of the material.  Let me know how it goes..

GG Allin 206045

[Addresses to reach him at after his release.]

The zine was fucking cool.. I just got it..


The project he was referring to was a music project we were working on.  His death ended the project as far as I was concerned, as I feared putting it out would make it look like I was exploiting him, and that was definitely not part of the plan.  I'm sure it would've made money, but I'm no vulture.

No comments:

Post a Comment